Monday 23 September 2013

Carlingford!!!

On Wednesday 11th September, we got our Junior Certificate results. It was nerve-wracking waiting in the hall to get them. I was really happy with my results, seeing as I didn't study very much.




On the 16th, Monday, we left at 7 a.m. to go to Carlingford in Louth. Nobody was happy to be up so early. When we got to the adventure centre, we were sorted into 2 big groups. Then we figured out who was going in which room, and after that we got ready for our first activity.

http://www.carlingfordadventure.com/

My group was doing Team Challenges first. We were put in smaller groups of about 10 for this. We had to complete challenges in a certain amount of time to get gems. At the end the team with the most gems wins. I had great craic with this, it was hard to keep working as a team the whole time. I felt I got to know some of the girls better through this.

After this we went back to the centre for lunch, sausage rolls and chips yum! The next activity was Laser Combat. We put on camouflage all-in-ones and walked up the mountain to the forest and the laser zone. I was on the blue team, we had Ms. O' C on our team, the reds had Mr. K. our team won King of the Hill twice.

After dinner we had a night line walk in the forest which was fun. We went back to the centre and some of us went to the chipper or Chinese for some more food! In my room we stayed up talking for ages. Mrs. Leahy had to wake us up in the morning.

Our group went kayaking in the morning after breakfast which was fun, but very cold!! After lunch we did archery, body zorbing and communication breakdown. Body zorbing is where you have a zorb ball over your body but your kegs stick out the end. We all bashed into each other and rolled down the hill. For communication breakdown we were in a dark maze and we had to get out together. The first person had to tell us whether they were turning left, right, going straight or moving up or down a level. I enjoyed it.


The view from the pier onto Slieve Foy, Mourne Mountains.


Then it was back to the bus with all our bags to go home to Celbridge. While I had a great time, I was glad to be back in my on bed again.

The next day we had some more workshops. We did Laughter Yoga with Denise from Positive Parties. That was a bit strange. We also had a class in deportment and etiquette, we had to walk up and down a red arpet in high heels! The third workshop was head massage, that was really relaxing.

On Thursday we went to the Moat Theatre in Naas for a talk from the Kildare County Enterprise Board about Mini Company. It was very helpful, but I enjoyed going to McDonalds afterwards more! We got back to school at lunchtime. Friday was a normal school day.

No comments:

Post a Comment