Monday 16 December 2013

Happy Hollydays!

Last Wednesday all of TY went into town. 'Not again!' I hear you cry? This time it was for a charity collection. We were selling holly badges for the Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. Or as I tried to say it that morning to my neighbour's little sister, the Irish Prevention of the Society for Children Cruelty. I mix up words a lot. We went into a hall in Dublin and were given the badges and collection boxes. We were told where to go, I was with Jayne and we were outside Topshop near St Stephens Green shopping centre. The badges were €2 each, but a lot of people put in lots of change and didn't even take a badge. It was freezing! I was so glad I wore leggings under my skirt, but I could have done with extra socks as well. My feet were blocks of ice. I wore thick gloves too, but my fingers still froze. Not fun. For lunch afterwards guess where we went. McDonald's again! Then we went home.


On Thursday we had our last ever Zumba class :(. Sad face. It was really fun, and the instructor put on Christmas music at the end for the stretches. I think I'd like to do it outside of school, but I don't have any time! And I'm broke.

Friday was our Christmas dress up day. I wore a Christmas jumper and hung glittery gold baubles from my earrings. I got lots of compliments on my creativeness for using baubles. The truth is they were on the kitchen table when I was leaving, so I just grabbed them. Walking to school I had them in my pocket, and now my coat pocket is full of lovely gold glitter. Yay! I love glitter.


I can't wait until Christmas. I'm so excited! I just love Christmas. We put up our tree at the weekend, and now its so Christmassy when I'm watching TV with the tree and all the lights. I am looking for a new phone and a McWilliams sail bag. It's an Irish sailing brand, the bags are made in Cork  out of sailcloth and apparently is practically indestructible. Practically everyone who does sailing has one, and I really want it!

No comments:

Post a Comment